Ana C. Françolin Dolney is the managing partner for the Florida office of Cruser, Mitchell, Novitz, Sanchez, Gaston & Zimet, LLP. Ana has extensive experience representing insurance companies and corporations in the defense of employment litigation, premises liability, negligent security, automobile liability, as well as professional lines and complex litigation. She has also developed an expertise in the defense of health care providers in a variety of areas, including federal civil rights and state medical malpractice claims. Ana also handles appeals at both the state and federal levels in these same areas.
Ana earned her Juris Doctor Degree from Stetson University College of Law, with Honors. While in law school, Ana clerked for the Chief Judge at the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and was one of few chosen by the academic faculty to teach Legal Research & Writing to law students.
A native Brazilian, Ana is fluent in Portuguese. For two years, Ana served as the Legal Advisor for the Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce, and has published articles in both Portuguese and English addressing different legal issues. Ana is also fluent in French as a four-year resident of France.
Bachelor of Arts, International Studies, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, 2002, Magna Cum Laude
Juris Doctorate, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, 2005, Cum Laude
Certificate of Concentration in International Law, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, 2005, Cum Laude
Areas of practice, , , ,
100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Orlando Claims Association (2016-2017)
Board of Directors, Brazilian-American Central Florida Chamber of Commerce, Orlando, FL (2014)
Legal Advisor, Central Florida Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce, Orlando, FL (2013-2014)
Pro Bono Services, Orange County Bar Association Mediation Program, Orlando, FL (2013)
Pro Bono Services as Guardian Ad Litem, Orange County Guardian Ad Litem Program, Orlando, FL (2012)
Program Director and Officer, Tampa Bay Mariners Club, Inc., Tampa, FL (2008)
Author, Maritime Fraud and Available Defenses, Tampa Bay Mariners Club Annual Conference (2008)
Pro-Bono Services, Gulfcoast Legal Services, St. Petersburg, FL (2004-2005)
Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa, FL (2004)
Law Clerk, County Court, Pinellas County, St. Petersburg, FL (2004)
Legal Research and Writing Instructor, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL (2004)
- Successfully defended a foreclosure appeal whereby it was alleged entry of summary judgment in favor of lender was in violation of appellant’s due process rights. The District Court of Appeals for the Fourth District of Florida summarily affirmed in favor of the lender client.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of nurse in a civil rights lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, pursuant to which the plaintiff claimed he was attacked while incarcerated, and prison medical providers were deliberately indifferent to his serious medical needs.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a civil rights lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, pursuant to which the plaintiff claimed the physician defendant deliberately violated his right to medical treatment, which is protected by the 8th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award in professional negligence claim, pursuant to which Plaintiffs alleged that insurance broker was negligent in renewing residential policy, which ultimately resulted in carrier’s denial of claim for losses suffered due to a fire.
- Obtained a favorable verdict in a transportation liability case by convincing the jury that most of plaintiff’s injuries were pre-existing, and not caused by the motor vehicle accident. The favorable jury verdict entitled the defendants to recover their attorneys’ fees and costs pursuant to a proposal for settlement.
- Randazzo v. Inch, et al. 284 So.3d 426 (Fla. 1st DCA 2019) (pca)
- Morrow v. Centurion of Florida, LLC, 251 So.3d 836 (Fla. 1st DCA 2018) (pca)
- Moore v. McNeil, et al, 2016 WL 4573982 (S.D. Fla. Sept. 1, 2016)
- Clements v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburg Pennsylvania, 2015 WL 13333422 (M.D. Fla. Dec. 17, 2015)
- United States v. Blanchet, 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 10133 (11th Cir. May 21, 2013)
- United States v. Blanchet, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 66902 (M.D. Fla. May 14, 2012)
- Alonso v. SunTrust Mortgage, Inc., 83 So. 3d 736 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012) (pca)
- Great Lakes Reinsurance v. Arbos, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2258 (S.D. Fla. Jan. 5, 2009)
- Great Lakes Reinsurance v. Arbos, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 109472 (S.D. Fla. Dec. 30, 2008)
- Great Lakes Reinsurance v. Arbos, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92787 (S.D. Fla. Nov. 7, 2008)
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized for Outstanding Service, Tampa Bay Mariners Club, Inc., Tampa, FL (2008)
- Recipient, William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL (2005)
- Recipient, Outstanding Service Award, Student Bar Association Class Representative, Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, FL (2003)
- Corporate Representative Testimony: When Corporations Speak, The Briefs, Orange County Bar Association, Vol. 82, No. 4 (April 2014)
- Reforma Imigratória: Muitas Dúvidas e Poucas Certezas, Brasileiros & Brasileiras Newspaper, Volume 19, Number 11, November 2013
- Mudanças Importantes nas Leis do Estado da Florida Sobre Limited Liability Companies (LLCs), Brasileiros & Brasileiras Newspaper, Volume 19, Number 12, December 2013