Spring is finally here, and there is a light at the end of the tunnel as New York Courts will restart some non-essential matters.
Chief Administrative Judge Lawrence K. Marks issued a Memorandum outlining an intention and a plan for the Courts to begin handling some non-essential matters on April 13, 2020. The exact details are still being finalized. According to the Memorandum:
- Judges will review their current caseload and identify those cases appropriate for court conference to advance or settle the case.
- Compliance and settlement conferences requested by attorneys will be set up via Skype or telephone.
- Judges will be available during normal court hours to handle discovery issues and other ad hoc concerns.
- Judges are taking this additional time to issue decisions on fully submitted motions.
- The prohibition on filing any new non-essential matters are will remain.
If you need assistance in next steps, please reach out to me at by email or at (516) 586-8513.
Managing Partner, New York Office
Cruser, Mitchell, Novitz, Sanchez, Gaston & Zimet, LLP